Change your music distributor and keep your streams
First of all, before requesting your music distributor to remove your projects from every platform there are a couple of things you need to know. You’ll be able to see the quick step-by-step we posted on our Instagram following with the details of those below.
View this post on Instagram
- Keep your ISRC codes – This will allow the streaming platforms to identify and track your music and the streaming activity. It will be needed to reupload the project with the same stream it previously got.
- Remove from the current distributor – Once you have the original ISRC code saved you’ll be able to delete the songs or project from the former distributor (make sure to have all the metadata saved including ISRC code, artist name, song name & etc)
- Copyright infringement – Redistributing a project or song that was previously released may have the new release flag for copyright infringement if it hasn’t been cleared by the last distributor. As of why it’s important to remove it and awaiting clearance from dsp’s before distributing it thru a new distributor.
- Reupload your project – Upload your song or project with the new distributor and making sure to add the same metadata it previously had. (ISRC code, artist name, song name & etc)
- Share your music again – The distributor will have your project or song uploaded within 3 to 5 days with the same stream it previously had and it will remain on any playlist.